27 Jul Sweat Out the Summer With August Deals & Events
You’re already sweating just walking outside, so you might as well come dance with us and make the most of that summer heat!
In addition to our usual slate of classes at the studios, you’ll find us popping up all over the city this summer. Our instructors have partnered with the amazing Philly Play program to lead classes for kids at various rec centers all around the city. Others are leading Cardio Pop, Hip-Hop & Piloxing classes at the OVAL on Wednesdays — kids classes during the daytime and adult/all-ages sessions at 7 p.m. Come join us — these sessions are FREE and open to the public! And, of course, we have a huge team of Philly Dance Fitness instructors volunteering to lead even more free workshops as we end July with a bang at this Saturday’s Philadelphia Dance Day. Several of our students will also appear on stage at the evening event, held at the Ethical Society Building on Rittenhouse Square. They’ve been working really hard to prepare for this showcase over the past month, so please come and support them!
Read on for news about two new classes on our August schedule, fresh themes for our Frisky Friday striptease dance parties, discount passes to our monthly technique programs and other schedule notes:
Schedule Additions & Changes
More Barre Fit and a NEW Baby Yogalates Series
- NEW! Wednesdays at 6 p.m. with Kayla (Rittenhouse, 1624 South St)
- Also Mondays at 8 p.m. with Deborah (Midtown, 1301 Locust St. 2nd Floor), and
- Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. with Lee-Ann (Midtown)
Mommy & Baby Yogalates
If you’ve got a new baby and you’re itching to get out and get active, this specialty program is for you! Bond with your little one while you stretch, sculpt and sweat. In addition to yoga, the Pilates component will give you a chance to work your core using classical exercises modified to incorporate your little one.
- August Saturday series: All four Saturdays (Aug. 6, 13, 20 and 27) with Emily or Deb
- 2:30 p.m. at our Rittenhouse Studio, 1624 South St.
- Registration strongly encouraged: $40 special for the month; or $15 drop-in
Time/Location Changes and Classes on Hiatus
- Jazz Cardio Fusion on Mondays will be on hiatus. However, jazz fans can still join Beverly on Tuesdays at JazzTech, held at 6 p.m. at the Rittenhouse studio.
- African Dance Revolution will move to our Midtown Studio at 7:30 p.m.
- FierceFUNk hip-hop will begin at 7 p.m., still at our Rittenhouse location, following the new Barre Fit class at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday night POUND will go on hiatus. The Friday night POUND class will be canceled the first week of the month, resuming Aug. 12 at 7 p.m. at the Rittenhouse studio when the instructor returns from vacation.
Frisky Friday Striptease Dance Parties
- Floored: Friday, August 12 at 8:30 p.m. at Midtown
- From hip grinds to doggie-style twerking, you’ll be amazed at how many ways you can make a floor blush…if that were possible.
- Burlesque: Friday, August 26 at 8:30 p.m. at Midtown
- Flirt, flaunt and leave a little to the imagination as you strut through combinations suitable for any burlesque stage. Think Broadway meets erotic dancing.
- $15 tickets include wine and refreshments; Members get an additional $5 off
If you’re looking for more individual attention to up your dance expertise, sign up for our small group Bollywood Tech, Pointe and Beginner Tap Technique programs. Enrollment is capped at all of these classes, so signing up for the month guarantees your spot and saves off the drop-in price.