04 Feb Perform in our Winter ‘Broadway’ Variety Show
Calling all musical theater junkies who love the limelight!
Our Broadway-themed burlesque and variety show is back with fresh routines, extra pizzazz and lots of glitter.
For the March 14, 2020 rendition of our “Take It Off Broadway” collaboration, we’re putting together FIVE fabulous group numbers, so whether you’re into Jazz, Hip-Hop, Burlesque or Tap (or all of the above!), we’ve got the perfect performance series for you!
Aside from the burlesque pieces, you won’t need to show off any skin to take part in the student routines, but please be aware that this is a racier show. We’ll be sharing the stage with professional burlesque performers at Franky Bradley’s on March 14.
No prior musical theater experience required to participate. The jazz and burlesque choreography will be designed so that dancers of all levels can shine. For the tap routine, participants should have some background in tap though beginners are certainly welcome! For the burlesque routines, dancers will be taking off clothing to their comfort level — so no need to worry about getting down to pasties unless you want to! None of the other student routines will involve stripping.
Space is limited and performance series often sell out, so please register as soon as you can if you’d like to join us in strutting your stuff onstage.
- MONDAY Crew – Mamma Mia!
- Glitter and go-go boots served with cougar disco sass in our take on “Does Your Mother Know?”
- 9 p.m. on Mondays in Midtown with Deb.
- 5-week series starting Feb. 10. REGISTER HERE.
- WEDNESDAY Crew – Grease ***SOLD OUT!!***
- Leather jackets and greaser vibes in this sexy take on the classic favorite “The One That I Want” from Grease.
- 9 p.m. on Wednesdays with Timaree
- 5-week series starting Feb. 12. REGISTER HERE.
- Stomp, shuffle and smile in this rendition of the iconic “I Got Rhythm” from Crazy for You.
- Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. in Midtown with Kayla
- 4-week series starting Feb. 13. Important note: Rehearsals held each week EXCEPT for March 5. REGISTER HERE.
Our jazz routines always fill up quickly so be sure to register early to save your spot!!!
- THURSDAY Jazz Crew – SOLD OUT!
- A jazzy, playful twist on “Little Girls” from Annie, featuring live singing performed by our very own Michelle Krichilsky!
- 5:30 p.m. on Thursdays in Midtown with Lee-Ann
- 4-week series starting Feb. 20. REGISTER HERE.
- (Note: This temporarily takes the place of Lee-Ann’s usual Jazz Fusion class.)
NEW for this iteration of our show, we’re getting some hip-hop on stage with a piece from one of the most iconic new musicals: Hamilton! Sign up quick because this one is sure to sell out!!
- A hip-hop interpretation of “My Shot” from Hamilton.
- 8:30 p.m. on Tuesdays in Midtown with Ricky
- 4-week series starting Feb. 18. REGISTER HERE.
- (Note: This temporarily takes the place of Ricky’s usual Tuesday Hip-Hop class).