We always have so much fun in October because Halloween is our favorite excuse to put together all kinds of ridiculous events, from extra freaky Frisky Fridays to a zombie-inspired hip-hop flash mob. Plus, we’re gearing up for another “Take It Off Broadway” burlesque variety show and we want to see YOU on stage!! On top of all this, we’re adding even more classes this month: an early morning boot camp, the brand new STRONG high intensity interval program and a creative movement series for kids. Read on for all the details plus a sneak preview of some sweet deals in the works.
Check out this trio of new classes:
Creative Movement & Yoga for Kids
Using games, stories and other fun activities, toddlers ages 2-4 will explore structured movement in this Sunday morning series. Along with dancing, playing, stretching, imagining, hopping and leaping, they’ll even learn a number of yoga poses. Absolutely no prior dance or yoga experience required. Parents are invited to stay, and can even participate!
- Sundays at 9 a.m. with Emily Sabalbaro
- 4-week series (Oct. 6, 13, 20 & 27) for only $60. REGISTER HERE.
- Rittenhouse (1624 South St)
Dance Party Boot Camp
We’ve had a few requests for early-morning classes, so here you have it! Start your day in high gear at a 7 a.m. section of our popular interval training program, which “disguises” high intensity fitness within fun dance routines.
- Thursdays at 7 a.m. with new instructor Emily Jester
- Rittenhouse (1624 South St)
Want to take your high intensity workout even higher?? STRONG by Zumba® combines body weight, muscle conditioning, cardio and plyometric training moves synced to original music that’s been specifically designed to match every single move. While the steps are “choreographed” to the music (or vice versa), please be aware that this is not a dance class. Here’s a sample routine you can try at home, then come join us for a full class on Monday nights!
- Mondays at 7 p.m. with Deb
- Midtown (1301 Locust St. 2nd Floor)
In addition to these classes, we’re continuing most of the programs added last month. Check them out if you haven’t already!
- Ballet II — Saturdays at 12:15 p.m. in Rittenhouse
- Ballet III — Mondays at 7:15 p.m. in Rittenhouse
- BollyX — Wednesdays at 7:15 p.m. in Midtown
- Cardio Pop — Wednesdays at 4 p.m. in Midtown, with a child care option! More info here. Note: no class on Oct. 9.
- Hip-Hop Cardio — Saturdays at 1:30 p.m. in Rittenhouse
- Zumba — Fridays at 11 a.m. in Rittenhouse
Get ready for some spooktacularly sexy fun at this month’s striptease parties, from a “spell-binding” chair dance to a salacious floor combo. Of course, masks and raunchy Halloween costumes are highly encouraged! Please pre-register so we can be sure to bring enough libations.
- October 11 — Tricks & Treats
- Learn stripper-worthy “tricks” sure to “treat” any potential audience as you piece together a chair combination complete with “magic wands.” We’ll bring the props, you bring the sexy!
- October 25 — Floored
- Work your body down to the floor and then down some more as you learn a “performance” routine to Chris Brown’s “No Guidance” inspired by this Nicole Kirkland choreography. We recommend bringing knee pads or wearing long pants to cushion your knees.
- Both at 8:30 p.m. in Midtown (1301 Locust St, 2nd Floor)
- $18 tickets include wine and refreshments; as always with workshops, Members get 20% off!
Learn a “thrilling” monster-themed routine and then show it off to trick-or-treaters passing by! This all-levels hip-hop event was loads of fun last year, and we can’t wait to do it again. Space is limited, so be sure to sign up early!
- Thursday, Oct. 31 at 5 p.m. with Ricky
- Rittenhouse (1624 South St) for the class, and from there to perform around Delancey & Croskey Streets
- Only $5!!! SIGN UP HERE
Calling all musical theater junkies who love the limelight! For the November 2019 rendition of our Broadway-themed collaboration, we’re putting together FOUR fabulous group numbers. Whether you’re into Jazz, Burlesque, Ballet or Tap (or all of the above!), we’ve got a performance series for you! Rehearsal series begin in just a couple of weeks so sign up now if you’d like to join us on stage!
- Click here to get more info & REGISTER to perform
- Save the date for the show: Friday, Nov. 15 at 9 p.m. at the Ruba Club. Help us spread the word by sharing the Facebook event.
Scare up some frighteningly good deals when you boooo-k your next dance class!
These spooktacular savings will only be available through the end of October, so take advantage while you can! Check out this post for all the details and links to purchase.