We’re pleased to announce several new classes coming up this October – Hip-hop, Zumba Toning and Jewmba.
Hip-Hop – Burn calories as you bust a move to hot hip-hop songs. While you’ll build short combinations of steps in this class, the focus will be more about having fun than perfecting technique. Like Zumba, no dance experience is required. Taught by Alicia DeBruhl
- Tuesday nights from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. starting October 11
- Major Moment Studio, 1624 South Street, Philadelphia
- Our first class will be only $5! PLUS get a $5 coupon for another Hip-Hop class at the first class if you RSVP on Facebook in advance
- $10 drop-in or use a class card regularly
Zumba Toning – This class combines targeted body-sculpting exercises and high-energy cardio work with Latin-infused Zumba moves to create a calorie-torching, strength-training dance fitness party. Using Zumba toning sticks or light weight dumbbells, you’ll work every muscle group while you groove. Along with light-weight upper body resistance, you’ll work against gravity or the floor to define your leg and ab muscles. Please note that this program is designed to tone rather than build muscle for a “re-defining” total body cardio workout! You will need to bring your own 1-3 pound hand weights or toning sticks, or you may rent a set of toning sticks to use at class for $1. The toning sticks sound like maracas when you shake them, adding another dimension to the music. Taught by Deborah Hirsch.
- Wednesday nights from 6 p.m. to 6:55 p.m. starting with a FREE launch on October 26, 2011 (RSVP here if you plan to come to the free demo on Oct. 26 and let us know if you need to rent weights.)
- The Performance Garage, 1515 Brandywine St., Philadelphia * (Bring non street shoes, dance sneakers or socks for the dance floor, please)
- $10 drop-in or use a class card
To further celebrate the launch of this new program, we’ll be offering a limited number of discount passes for November:
- Pay just $15 for the first three weeks of class (Nov. 2, 9 and 16th). OR
- Pay $35 for the first three weeks of class AND get your own pair of toning sticks. Deadline to register for this option (or if you just want toning sticks) is 10/5/11 as we will need to account for shipping time.
Jewmba – Forget your grandpa’s hora, JEWMBA adds some international spice to Israeli folk dancing. No pattern memorization or dance experience required. Just follow the leader and get lost in the music. And nobody’s judging if you take a wrong step.
- Limited engagement workshops from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the four Wednesday nights in October
- The Gershman Y in downtown Philadelphia, 401 South Broad Street (near the corner of Pine St.) Walk or take the elevator to the Levitt Auditorium on the third floor.
- Pre-register for the series and save or pay $12 drop-in per class. Note: Class cards will not be accepted as these are specialty workshops.
Our new adult ballet class also continues in October on Monday nights.