It’s a Back-to-School Dance Blitz! We’re kicking off September with four new classes, deals on Memberships and some awesome special events. Read on for the details and also be sure to check out our online schedule for a few reductions over Labor Day weekend.
As vacation season winds down, we’re ramping up our schedule. We’re bringing back two daytime classes, adding an early evening section of Dance Party Boot Camp and offering another Mommy/Baby Yogalates series.
If you like to sweat out your lunch break, join us at the return of our daytime Cardio Pop class, also with Trina. Amp up your heart rate as you jam to pop hits past and present. No need to remember steps, just follow along at this nonstop dance party. Expect a mix of high and medium intensity choreography, with some routines focused on cardio; others on strengthening and sculpting.
- NEW! Mondays at 12 p.m. with Trina (Rittenhouse, 1624 South St)
- Also still on Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. with Timaree and Fridays at 5:30 p.m. with Michelle, both at Midtown (1301 Locust St. 2nd Floor).
- NEW! Wednesdays at 5 p.m. with Trina (Rittenhouse, 1624 South St)
- Also still on Sundays at 11 a.m. with Timaree (also at Rittenhouse) and Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. with Michelle (at Midtown, 1301 Locust St. 2nd Floor)
Mommy & Baby Yogalates
If you’ve got a new baby and you’re itching to get out and get active, this specialty program is for you! Bond with your little one while you stretch, sculpt and sweat. In addition to yoga, the Pilates component will give you a chance to work your core using classical exercises modified to incorporate your baby.
- NEW September Tuesday series: All four Tuesdays (Sept. 6, 13, 20 and 27) with Deb
- 10:30 a.m. at our Rittenhouse studio (1624 South St.)
- Registration strongly encouraged to ensure that we have enough interest to offer the class: $40 special for the month; or $15 drop-in
Pack a punch into your morning with this combination of boxing, Pilates and dance. Get the best of both worlds — a nonstop cardio workout fused with standing Pilates exercises designed to develop core strength and balance. Class ends with 10 minutes of mat work targeting the abs and glutes. No prior boxing, Pilates or dance experience required.
- NEW! Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m. with Deborah (Rittenhouse, 1624 South St)
We’re also welcoming back two instructors: Asha, who will be taking over the Sunday Power Stretch & Sculpt class, and Lael, who will be job-sharing the Thursday Zumba class with Sydney. Also don’t forget to try out the classes we added over the summer:
- BollyX: Mondays in South Philly with Teena
- Barre Fit: Wednesdays at Rittenhouse with Kayla (also on Mondays with Deb and Thursdays with Lee-Ann, both in Midtown)
- POUND: Fridays in Rittenhouse with Lehla
Frisky Friday Striptease Dance Parties
If you haven’t made it to one of our Frisky Friday events yet, mark your calendars now because these mini-workshops have been known to sell out! This month we’ll be dancing with props and also doing another burlesque extravaganza. Even though you may notice some similar themes, we’re always rolling out new choreography so you’ll get fresh music and moves to inspire your inner vixen every time.
- Prop Appeal: Friday, September 16 at 8:30 p.m. at Midtown
- Add a little extra sass to your striptease with props. Learn how to manipulate a silk tie to add dramatic effect, then piece together a steamy routine. We’ll provide the ties, but please bring an oversized button-down shirt and a hat so you have some extra items to practice peeling off.
- Burlesque: Friday, September 30 at 8:30 p.m. at Midtown
- Flirt, flaunt and leave a little to the imagination as you strut through combinations suitable for any burlesque stage. Think Broadway meets erotic dancing.
- $15 tickets include wine and refreshments; Members automatically get an additional 20 percent off!
“Philly Free Streets” Dance Party
Mark your calendars for a FREE outdoor dance party on Saturday, Sept. 24 as we celebrate Philly’s first Free Streets day! A stretch of the city (including most of South Street) will be shut down to vehicles until 1 p.m., so we’ll be bringing out the music and getting the community dancing. Find all the details here or on this Facebook event.
In honor of the “back-to-business” mentality of fall, we’re offering a rare discount on our Membership plans: Purchase a monthly unlimited Membership anytime in September and get $10 off your second month! The discount will be applied to your account, so while you may not notice anything different when you sign up, you’ll see the savings on your credit card statement when your second auto-payment goes through. If you take two classes per week, Memberships end up being far more economical than Class Cards. So if you’ve been thinking about spending more time dancing (because who wouldn’t want to do that??), take advantage of this deal while it lasts!
In addition to our Membership promotion, we also have our monthly discount passes for small group technique classes. If you’re looking for more individual attention to up your dance expertise, sign up for our Bollywood Tech, Pointe or Beginner Tap Technique programs. Enrollment is capped at all of these classes, so signing up for the month guarantees your spot and saves off the drop-in price.