Calling all musical theater junkies who love the limelight!
Our Broadway-themed burlesque and variety show is back with fresh routines, extra pizzazz and lots of glitter.
For the March 2019 rendition of our “Take It Off Broadway” collaboration, we’re putting together FIVE (!!!) fabulous group numbers. So whether you’re into Jazz, Burlesque, Bollywood or Tap (or all of the above!), we’ve got the perfect performance series for you!
Take your pick of two sassy musical theater jazz routines: one featuring music from Cabaret, the other from Jekyl & Hyde. Or join a high-energy Bollywood number from Bombay Dreams. Or perhaps you prefer to show off a little skin in a burlesque rendition of “Rich Man’s Frug” from Sweet Charity. For tappers, we’ve even got an all-levels routine from Rent.
All five finished pieces will be performed at the “Take It Off Broadway” show at the Ruba Club on March 23.
No prior dance experience required to perform in the jazz, burlesque or Bollywood routines — the choreography will be designed so that everyone can shine. The tap piece will also be suitable for all levels including beginners, but participants must have tap shoes and at least some basic tap background.
For the burlesque number, dancers will be taking off clothing to their comfort level — so no need to worry about getting down to pasties unless you want to! The other routines won’t involve stripping.
Space is limited and we’ll need extra time to coordinate costumes, so please pre-register by Feb. 15if you’d like to join us in strutting your stuff onstage!
- “Rich Man’s Frug” from Sweet Charity: A Fosse-inspired striptease featuring short dresses, high ponytails, white gloves and lots of attitude!
- Mondays at 8 p.m. in Midtown with Deb
- 4-week series starting Feb. 25
- “Seasons of Love” from Rent
- Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. in Midtown with Pam
- 4-week series starting Feb. 26
- “Don’t Tell Mama” from Cabaret
- Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m. in Midtown with Kayla
- 4-week series starting Feb. 27
- “Love’s Never Easy” and “Shakalaka Baby” from Bombay Dreams
- Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. in Midtown with Antima
- 4-week series starting Feb. 27 (Note: This will temporarily take the place of Antima’s usual Bollywood Tech class at this time, which will return the last week of March)
- “Bring on the Men” from Jekyl & Hyde
- Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. in Midtown with Lee-Ann
- 4-week series starting Feb. 28 (Note: This will temporarily take the place of Lee-Ann’s usual Barre Fit class at this time, which will return the last week of March)