If you’ve got an affinity for photo and video editing, graphic design, social media outreach, writing and/or market research, this could be the perfect creative outlet for you. Unlike our instructors, you won’t need to know a thing about teaching dance, though it does help if you love it as much as we do.
We’re a small company with lots of room to grow, so this would be a great opportunity for a marketing, graphic design or communications student to get substantial real-world experience as part of a supervised internship program. Expect to dream up big ideas and then act on them with direct support from the head of the company.
- Brainstorm and execute marketing strategy, which includes developing new and creative promotions to encourage students to come to class
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current and future marketing tactics
- Write and test copy for advertising campaigns
- Assist in creating content for press releases, newsletters, our website and our social media channels
- Reach out to local media to share information about our workshops and classes
- Produce high quality multimedia content highlighting our programs, such as video montages, interviews with instructors, photo galleries and so forth
- Depending on graphic design experience, potentially create new promotional materials such as flyers, postcards, signs and banners.
- Help distribute marketing materials around the city and possibly represent the company at health fairs or other events
Job candidates should have:
- Excellent writing, oral communication and time management skills. You will likely be asked to meet deadlines while juggling multiple assignments.
- A strong understanding of social media platforms (If you can whip together a photo or video collage from your smartphone to then post on Facebook and tweet to your friends, you pass the test.)
- A willingness to learn and motivation to see results.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Proficiency with basic word processing programs.
- Academic background or related experience in marketing, advertising, graphic design, communications or public relations.
Part-time, flexible hours. Interns will report directly to our studio manager and the head of the company. The internship can set up as part of a school credit program or paid at an hourly rate.
So, if you’re ready to make your mark on the greater Philadelphia dance fitness community, email your resume to email@example.com. Please include a brief introduction explaining why you’re interested in this job and any prior professional or academic experiences you’ve had developing successful marketing plans.