This spring, we’re putting on our own version of March Madness – dance fitness style, of course!
The game: Teams of 4-6 students will complete a variety of social media challenges to “score” points. The game will be held March 19 – April 7, to coincide roughly with the actual 2.5 week long basketball tournament time frame.
The stakes: The team with the highest points at the end of the “tournament period” will win a FREE private dance party for themselves & their friends complete with drinks and refreshments! PLUS get bonus gift cards for all the winning players!
Wanna play? Email us at email@example.com by March 14. We’ll assemble the teams and email directions to everyone.
Dance Madness Score Board:
Tag #phillydancefitness and #pdfdancemadness in all posts on either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get credit!
Free throw (1 point):
- Take a sweaty selfie and tag your team members
- ESPN interview: Post a pic along with a quote about why you love dancing
- Try a class or instructor you’ve never tried before and post afterward
- Post 3 words to describe your dance style along with picture or video
Basket (2 points):
- Stitch together a photo collage of you and your teammates doing something dance related and tag everyone
- ESPN interview: Find out why one of your teammates started dancing at PDF, post his/her answer on social media (and of course don’t forget to tag us)
- Caption contest: Post a picture from class and solicit funny captions
- Post a video clip of your favorite dance move. Unless it’s flossing 😉 . Bonus point if you’re wearing a PDF shirt.
3 Pointer (3 points):
- Meet up in person with your teammates and take a picture in a dance pose. Tag everyone. Bonus points for creativity!
- Go with one of your team members to a class you’ve never tried before
- Post a video clip or boomerang of you AND at least one fellow teammate doing a move from class or a ‘signature’ dance move
- ‘Slam’ dunk: Start some friendly fire toward another team on social media. Extra point if you get at least 5 comments back and forth
Download the score board here.
Come join us and your dance community!