Schedule Additions & Changes
This month we’re introducing our unique twist on kickboxing which, of course, incorporates elements of dance! Our new Cardio Kick class will be held at 6:30pm on Mondays with Michelle in South Philly during what was previously a Zumba class. Monday Zumba will now move to our Midtown location (1301 Locust St, 2nd Floor) at 7 p.m. with Deborah, replacing Piloxing, which will go on hiatus. Some of the Pilates and balance elements of Piloxing will be incorporated into the 8 p.m. BarreFit class (also at Midtown) and, of course, you can now get your boxing fix at Cardio Kick!
We’re also turning up the heat on our striptease aerobics program. Instead of a weekly class, we’re putting together two special, themed Frisky Friday dance parties, each of which will include a double dose of instructors, plus wine, refreshments…and twerking. More details below.
Last but not least, we’re continuing the two new programs we added in March — Beginner East Coast Swing and Zen Yoga. No experience required for either, though the swing series is progressive, so we encourage you to sign up for the full month.
International Dance Passport
Another Triple Dose of Workshops
Bieber vs. Usher: The Dance-Off
Mentor and protege — in case you didn’t already know, Usher arguably had quite an influence on Bieber’s rise to pop stardom. Biebs has gone on to drop an impressive collection of hits, but Usher still has years on him, not to mention quite a bit more sophistication. Of course, Bieber holds his own on the dance floor, too, which is why we couldn’t help but feature both of these dynamic artists in an epic dance-off led by Timaree and Trina. We’ll try not to swoon as we battle it out.
- Saturday, April 9 from 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. in South Philly (1170 S. Broad St. FREE street parking!)
- $25. Members get an additional $5 off, no coupon code required as long as you log into your account prior to checking out online.
- Dirty Divas: Friday, April 15 from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. at Rittenhouse (1624 South St.)
- Drop, swirl, werk and grind to the music of badass pop divas like Beyonce, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Jennifer Lopez and Madonna. Expect a mix of sassy hip-hop and downright dirty floor work led by Sharice, Deb and a special guest!
- Twerk’d: Friday, April 29 from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. at Rittenhouse
- We’ll show you how to jiggle whatever junk you’ve got in your trunk. After a twerktorial covering the basics, you’ll pop, shake and wind through a series of dance routines. Led by twerk superstar Sharice, with a little help from Deb.
- $15 tickets include wine and refreshments; members get an additional $5 off.
- Purchase tickets for both workshops and get $5 off!!
Save the last day of April for our tribute to the music of Pitbull…and the music in which Pitbull happens to shout an occasional “dale!” Whether or not Pitbull can actually sing, his voice is heard in so many chart-topping pop songs — and so many of these hits are just perfect for dancing. So grab your sunglasses and sports coats, and we’ll meet you “On the Floor” to have the “Time of Our Lives.” Led by Pitbull No. 1 fans, Jaime and Michelle.
- Saturday, April 30 from 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. at our South Philly location
- $25, but save by purchasing early bird tickets through April 16!
If you’re looking for more individual attention to up your dance expertise, sign up for our small group Bollywood Tech, Pointe and Beginner Tap Technique. For those looking for partner dance foundations, we’re also continuing our Beginner East Coast Swing class, which will begin with a review of the basics, then continue building up a vocabulary of movements and a deeper understanding of swing technique. Enrollment is capped at all of these classes, so signing up for the month guarantees your spot and saves off the drop-in price.