30 Mar NEW Weekend Location + More Spring Updates
March 31, 2021
EXCITING NEWS: We’re testing out another Center City location for in-studio weekend classes starting this April!
Join us for hip-hop and ballet classes in the beautiful second floor studio above the Trek Bicycle store on 1923 Chestnut St. In addition to a brand new dance floor, mirrors and sound system, this studio also has lockers and showers. Find detailed location info here.
Huge thanks to studio owner Glenn K for allowing us to temporarily sublease this space as we continue to navigate through the pandemic. We also want to thank the staff at NEST, who graciously allowed us to use the studio space there for a couple of weekend classes over the past six months. We’re happy to see them resume their usual weekend programming even though that unfortunately means we have to find another location for our Saturday and Sunday classes. (Note: We’re still dancing there every weeknight, just like our normal pre-pandemic schedule!)
Since there are lots of moving parts with this new Chestnut Street space, we will not livestream every class there. However, we will continue to post fresh virtual ballet and hip-hop classes every week. Please come check out the new space and let us know what you think!
As mandated by the city, capacity will remain limited to 9 students, masks required. Sign up early to reserve your spot!
Weekend In-Studio Schedule at 1923 Chestnut
Enter through the main door on the ground floor and head up the stairs. Continue through the door at the back of the second floor landing and follow the music into the rear studio.
- 9 a.m. Hip-Hop Intro (*will be livestream only last 2 weeks of the month) with Ricky
- 12 p.m. Hip-Hop (mixed levels), with Ricky, Jody or Michelle
- 1 p.m. Ballet I & Pointe with Beverly
- Note: No class on Easter (April 4)
More In-Studio Options
We’re still streaming more than two dozen classes a week, but we’re also hoping to see more of you in real life as it becomes safer to dance together. If you’re comfortable rejoining us indoors, check out these new additions at Midtown (1301 Locust St, 2nd Floor), all of which will also be streamed.
- POUND — Wednesdays at 7 p.m. with Nick
- Dance Party Boot Camp — Thursdays at 5 p.m. and Tuesdays at 6 p.m. (starting 4/20) with Timaree
- Ballet Basics — Fridays at 7 p.m. with Beverly*
- Pre-Pointe Barre — Fridays at 8 p.m. with Beverly
*This class swaps places with Ballet II, which will now be live-streamed on Saturdays at 11 a.m.
Weekly Outdoor Cardio
Don’t forget that you can also find us on the blacktop at Markward/Taney Park (400 S. Taney St), weather permitting, three times a week:
- Cardio Mashup — Thursdays at 6 p.m. with rotating instructors
- Zumba — Saturdays at 10 a.m. with Deb
- Dance Party Boot Camp — Sundays at noon with Timaree