27 Sep New Ballet Classes, More Cardio & October Events
Hello fall! We’re keeping the chill out of the air with even more new classes this October, including the debut of a Ballet Basics program, Cardio Pop for early risers and more Dance Party Boot Camp and Ballet! We’ve also got lots of exciting special events, from Frisky Fridays to a FREE Zumba party to a Charleston-style Broadway Jazz workshop. Find the details below, then hop over to our online schedule to sign up for classes!
Last month, we brought back two daytime classes and added an early evening section of Dance Party Boot Camp. We’re continuing those programs, plus adding even more classes, such as an early morning Cardio Pop:
- NEW! Sundays at 2 p.m. with our ballet mistress, Beverly (Rittenhouse, 1624 South St)
- Also still on Thursdays at 7 p.m. (Rittenhouse); and find Beginner II and Advanced Beginner sections throughout the week.
- NEW! Mondays at 6 p.m. with Beverly (Rittenhouse, 1624 South St)
- NEW! Wednesdays at 7:15 a.m. with Trina (Rittenhouse, 1624 South St)
- Also still on Mondays at noon with Trina (Rittenhouse); Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. with Timaree and Fridays at 5:30 p.m. with Michelle, both at Midtown (1301 Locust St. 2nd Floor).
- NEW! Mondays at 7 p.m. with Deb (Midtown, 1301 Locust St. 2nd Floor)
- Also still on Sundays at 11 a.m. with Timaree, Wednesdays at 5 p.m. with Trina (Rittenhouse) and Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. with Michelle (Midtown).
As mentioned above, we’re also pleased to welcome back instructor Kyle Henry, who will be teaching Zumba in South Philly on Monday nights. We’ll no longer have BollyX at that time, however, you can still find Bollywood Blast on Tuesday nights at 7:30 p.m. And don’t forget to check out these other classes we’ve recently added:
- Barre Fit: Wednesdays at Rittenhouse with Kayla (also on Mondays with Deb and Thursdays with Lee-Ann, both in Midtown)
- Piloxing: Tuesday mornings in Rittenhouse with Deborah, except no class on Oct. 3.
- POUND: Fridays in Rittenhouse with Lehla
October Events & Workshops
Frisky Friday Striptease Dance Parties
This month we’re bringing back one of our most popular Frisky Friday themes — the twerkshop! Even if you’re already a twerk superstar, you’ll get a great workout — and lots of laughs — at this bootytacular event. Then just before Halloween we’ll be doing our own take on “trick or treating” where you get to be the eye-candy. And we’ll give you some candy, too, because, you know, Halloween.
- Twerk’d: Friday, October 14 at 8:30 p.m. at Midtown with Sharice
- Learn how to jiggle whatever junk you’ve got in your trunk. After a twerktorial covering the basics, you’ll pop, shake and wind through a series of dance routines. Feeling adventurous? Take your twerk to the floor, the wall or even upside down.
- “Trick or Treat”: Friday, October 28 at 8:30 p.m. at Midtown with Deb
- Up your striptease game with a few stripper-worthy “tricks” and techniques sure to “treat” any potential audience. We’ll show you how to incorporate these hot moves into a longer chair routine, then give you ideas for how to adapt them to suit whatever role play or music suits your fancy. Costumes are not required, but we’ll give you a $5 gift certificate if you come dressed in a sexy Halloween outfit or mysterious mask!
- $15 tickets include wine and refreshments; Members automatically get an additional 20 percent off!
If you love fast jazz music and even faster footwork, mark your calendars for this one! Think Broadway meets a 1920s flapper at a live big band concert: upbeat music, nonstop movement and tons of fun! We’ll be drawing inspiration from Charleston dancers such as Ksenia Parkhatskaya as well as “classic” jazz and swing movements you might see in Broadway musicals. Bring your stage-ready smiles and come dressed to sweat because this workshop will definitely be a workout!
- Saturday, Oct. 22 at 6 p.m. with Sherrilyn
- Midtown, 1301 Locust St. 2nd Floor
- $25 tickets, but you can save $5 if you register by Oct. 8! As noted above, Members automatically get 20 percent off.
Zoom Into Zumba
We’re partnering up with ZoomDance for a special Halloween weekend treat for mummies & daddies who might enjoy a break from their little ghouls and boys. Join us on Saturday, Oct. 29 for a FREE dance party sponsored by PhillyPlay! Adults are invited to shake it down at our regular Saturday Zumba class while kids take part in a special action adventure dance party of their own in the adjacent studio. Children ages 2.5 – 6 years will roar, leap, stomp, twirl and imagine their way through “Where the Wild Things Are,” a fantastic, award-winning story by Maurice Sendak. Costumes encouraged! Even if you’re not planning to drop off a child at the ZoomDance class, you still get to come to Zumba for FREE that morning! Space is limited, so pre-registration is required.
- Saturday, Oct. 29 at 11 a.m. at South Philly (1170 S. Broad Street)
- Parents and all other adult dancers are invited to join our 11 a.m. Zumba class while kids participate in a ZoomDance party in the front studio. Sign up here for the FREE Zumba party!
Monthly Technique Deals
A reminder that we continue to offer discount passes for our specialty and small group technique classes, including Mommy & Baby Yogalates. If you’re looking for more individual attention to up your dance expertise, sign up for our Bollywood Tech, Pointe or Beginner Tap Technique programs. Enrollment is capped at all of these classes, so signing up for the month guarantees your spot and saves off the drop-in price.