Model Moment by Philly Dance Fitness
Own the Runway in our inaugural modeling workshop!
Models come in all shapes and sizes – so who says you can’t learn to look and act like one? Whether you dream of being in fashion shows or you just want to learn how to carry yourself with poise and confidence, you’ll pick up countless tips in this two-hour workshop.
Best of all, you’ll be learning from a pro: Aside from teaching ballet, our very own Beverly Holskin has modeled and choreographed for hundreds of fashion shows in the tri-state area over the past two decades. When she’s not on the runway herself, she’s leading workshops for children and adults of all ages.
In this exclusive Philly Dance Fitness masterclass, Beverly will lead you through three key components of modeling: runway choreography, posing for photography and make-up application.
During the runway segment, you’ll explore posture, footwork, turns, and attitude to work the stage like a pro. You’ll also learn a short dance routine to “open” our virtual mini-fashion show.
Next, Beverly will show you some basic rules about posing for photographs, which you’ll use as a base for creative observations of the human body when captured in a two-dimensional image. Practice positioning the torso, arms, head, legs, and hands, and also use of facial expressions, to achieve the most successful shot.
Prepare for the runway with a hands-on make-up lesson. After creating a “day look,” you’ll learn professional techniques to make yourself shine on stage.
To ensure that everyone gets individual attention, this workshop will be limited to 20 women, ages 16 and up. The sooner you register, the more you save. Read on for details. See you on the catwalk!
Model Moment Workshop
- When: Sunday, May 6, 2012 from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Major Moment Studio, 1624 South St.
- Cost: $30, which includes make-up application and refreshments. Discounted rates available for early birds! The first three people to sign up will get the workshop for HALF PRICE. The next four for $20, and the next five for $25.
- Wear: Comfortable clothes such as jeans or leggings, as you will be moving (but not sweating) throughout most of the workshop.
- Bring: Heels are a must for runway work, so please bring or wear a pair that you can comfortably walk in. Though not required, you may also wish to bring an inexpensive pair of false eyelashes to practice application.
The fine print: Due to the extended preparation required for our workshops, only members may use gift certificates. Tickets are non-refundable, however they may be transferred to another person if you cannot make it.