29 Feb March Madness: Classes, Workshops & Deals
Forget about basketball brackets, we’re too busy dancing! This March, we’re bringing you two new classes, three workshops and deals on all of our small group technique programs. Since we’re so pumped about all of this new stuff, we’ve got a March Dance Madness challenge for you: Attend both our new Zen Yoga and East Coast Swing classes at least once this month and we’ll give you a $10 gift certificate. Get to swing, yoga and any March workshop and we’ll bump it up $15! All you have to do is make sure we have your email when you sign into class. We’ll tally up the winners and email out the gift certificates at the beginning of April.
Okay, now that you’re intrigued by our challenge to try new classes, here are all the details:
- Thursdays from 8:30 p.m. – 9:20 p.m. at Midtown Village (1301 Locust St., 2nd Floor)
- $12 drop-in. A limited number of discount passes are also available for the four-week series (March 3, 10, 17 and 24)
Cap off your weekend by unwinding, relaxing and restoring your body, mind and spirit. Unlike active yoga practices, you may not break a sweat in this session, which incorporates elements of yin yoga, but you will leave feeling calm and ready to tackle the upcoming week. Follow along as instructor Asha Lo guides you through deep, restorative stretches designed to elongate major muscle groups that often tighten throughout the week. Although you may recognize some of the poses from traditional yoga, here the emphasis is on relaxation and connection rather than building strength. Prepare to spend up to 3-5 minutes in each posture, allowing for complete tension release and enhanced flexibility. Suitable for students of all levels.
- Sundays from 6 p.m. – 6:50 p.m. at Midtown
- $12 drop in or one punch on a class card. FREE for members.
A Triple Dose of Workshops
Wine, grind and pump yuh flag as we willie bounce into March with a Caribbean/Dancehall workshop. Join instructor Lehla Olson for this hour and a half of nonstop, high-energy dancing. Register online and you’ll get a flag to dance with during the workshop, which will be yours to keep.
- Saturday, March 5 at 12 p.m. in South Philly (1170 S. Broad St. FREE street parking!)
- $25. Members get an additional $5 off, no coupon code required as long as you log into your account prior to checking out online.
- Saturday, March 19 from 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. in South Philly
- $25 but early bird discounts are available through March 5! Members likewise get an additional $5 off.
Tap In: Beginner Bootcamp
If you’ve never tapped before but always wanted to try, or perhaps you haven’t dusted off your tap shoes since that high school musical decades ago, we’ve got the perfect intro course for you. In this 90-minute “boot camp” you’ll go over basic technique and learn a vocabulary of fundamental steps, from digs to flaps to shuffles. The goal is to lay the foundation for continuing on in our regular beginner level technique courses.
- Saturday, March 26 from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. with Sherrilyn at our Midtown location
- $25, but you can save $5 by purchasing early bird tickets by March 12. Again, members get an additional $5 off.
If you’re looking for more individual attention to up your dance expertise, sign up for our small group Bollywood Tech, Pointe and Beginner Tap Technique programs. Enrollment is capped at these classes, so signing up for the month guarantees your spot and saves off the drop-in price.