Children ages 3 to 7 will leap, twirl, arabesque and more in our Creative Movement and Pre-Ballet programs.
Although those moves sound serious, our goal is to make learning as much fun as possible! Instructor Beverly Holskin has designed this program for young girls and boys who’d like to learn the art of ballet but without the pressure of auditions and recitals.
Along with traditional techniques, class includes fun movement activities inspired by popular children’s music. The structured group setting encourages students to connect with each other and develop social skills while teaching ease and skill of movement, creativity, grace, poise, discipline, confidence and musicality. Children will come home with a positive self-image and a sense of accomplishment at what they’ve learned.
We welcome any child to class, regardless of dance experience. Beverly offers individual attention to each student so those who have prior ballet training can progress as well.
Because this is such a specialized class, we offer month-long series on occasion and also upon request for small groups. Gather four or more children and we’ll set up a class at your convenience at our South Street studio (1624 South St.). Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
- Small-group, 45-minute classes scheduled at your convenience, minimum of four students required.
- Rittenhouse studio (1624 South St.)
- $15 per child.
- Kids should wear tights or leggings — nothing baggy — and a t-shirt, tank top or leotard. If you don’t have ballet shoes, socks will do just fine!
NEW in 2019, check out these series! Because these are short, progressive series, pre-registration for the full month is required.
Creative Movement/Pre-Ballet for 3-5 Year-Olds
- Tuesdays from 5 p.m. – 5:45 p.m. (Rittenhouse studio) **on hiatus for the summer, resuming in fall 2019**
- Registration links for the fall will be posted here in August. If you’d like us to contact you when registration opens, please send us an email.
Pre-Ballet for 5-7 Year-Olds
- Depending on interest, we may offer this class on Sunday mornings in the fall. (Rittenhouse studio)
- Email email@example.com if you’re interested so we can determine if we have enough demand.
If you’re looking for more personal attention, we also offer private and semi-private ballet lessons for children. Simply contact us to schedule!