Children will leap, twirl and stretch their imaginations in our Pre-Ballet program!
Although those moves sound serious, our goal is to make learning dance as much fun as possible. Our pre-ballet program is perfect for young girls and boys who’d like to learn the art of ballet but without the pressure of auditions and recitals.
Along with traditional techniques, class includes fun movement activities inspired by popular children’s music. The structured group setting encourages students to connect with each other and develop social skills while teaching ease and skill of movement, creativity, grace, poise, discipline, confidence and musicality. Children will come home with a positive self-image and a sense of accomplishment at what they’ve learned.
We welcome any child to class, regardless of dance experience. Ballet director Beverly Holskin offers individual attention to each student so those who have prior ballet training can progress as well.
Because this is such a specialized class, we offer month-long series on occasion and also upon request for small groups. Gather four or more children and we’ll set up a class at your convenience at our South Street studio (1624 South St.). Simply email email@example.com to schedule.
- Small-group, 45-minute classes scheduled at your convenience, minimum of four students required.
- Rittenhouse studio (1624 South St.)
- $15 per child.
- Kids should wear tights or leggings — nothing baggy — and a t-shirt, tank top or leotard. If you don’t have ballet shoes, socks will do just fine!
NEW in fall 2019, check out these series! Because these are short, progressive series, pre-registration for the full month is required.
- Tuesdays from 5 p.m. – 5:45 p.m. (Rittenhouse studio)
- November 4-week series (Nov. 5, 12, 19 & 26) — only $60. REGISTER HERE.
- If you’ve got an older child who’s also interested in ballet, send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org). If we have enough interest, we might be able to launch additional sessions.
- Sundays from 9 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. (Rittenhouse studio)
- October 4-week series (Oct. 6, 13, 20 & 27) — only $60. REGISTER HERE.
- A minimum of 4 pre-registered students will be required to run this class.
If you’re looking for more personal attention, we also offer private and semi-private ballet lessons for children. Rates start at $35/half hour. Simply contact us to schedule!