Children ages 4 to 7 will leap, twirl, arabesque and more in this supportive technique class.
Although those moves sound serious, our goal is to make learning as much fun as possible! Instructor Beverly Holskin has designed this program for young girls and boys who’d like to learn the art of ballet but without the pressure of auditions and recitals.
Along with traditional techniques, class includes fun movement activities inspired by popular children’s music. The structured group setting encourages students to connect with each other and develop social skills while teaching ease and skill of movement, creativity, grace, poise, discipline, confidence and musicality. Children will come home with a positive self-image and a sense of accomplishment at what they’ve learned.
We welcome any child to class, regardless of dance experience. Beverly offers individual attention to each student so those who have prior ballet training can progress as well.
Because this is such a specialized class, it is offered on demand. Gather four or more children and we’ll set up a class at your convenience at our South Street studio (1624 South St.). Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
NEW in winter 2019, we’re offering TWO Creative Movement/Pre-Ballet series for kids ages 3-5!
- Sundays: 3:45 – 4:30 p.m. (January 6, 13, 20, 27)
- Tuesdays: 5-5:45 p.m. (January 8, 15, 22 and 29)
- Each 4-week session is $60. Because these are short, progressive series, pre-registration for the full month is required.
Ballet Kids (4-7 year olds)
- Small-group, 45-minute classes scheduled at your convenience, minimum of four students required.
- Rittenhouse studio (1624 South St.)
- $15 per child.
- Wear tights or leggings — nothing baggy — and a t-shirt, tank top or leotard. If you don’t have ballet slippers, socks will do. We recommend Baum’s Dancewear or Discount Dance Supply for affordable attire.
If you’re looking for more personal attention, we also offer private ballet lessons for children. Simply contact us to schedule.