30 Jun July Schedule Notes
First and most exciting, we’re happy to announce the return of Zumba Toning! Using Zumba® toning sticks or 1-3 pound dumbbells, you’ll work every muscle group while you groove. Deb will be teaching this calorie-torching, body-sculpting class at 7:30 p.m. on Monday nights right after regular Zumba. (See below for a discount pass to try it out!)
Two Time Changes
- Impact Jazz will remain on Monday nights, but move back to 1624 South St. at 6 p.m.
- SwingFit will move to Tuesday nights at 7:30 p.m. at the Arts Parlor. Also on Tuesday, Jaime’s Zumba class will start a half hour earlier, at 6:30 p.m.
This is the time of year when we usually lighten our schedule in response to the summer slowdown (aka area migration to the shore and outdoor fitness). Three classes will go on hiatus — yoga, prenatal yoga and Pilates. Pilates will return in its same Sunday time slot in August. We expect to bring the other two classes back in the fall.
Four Dance Deals
Take your pick of discount packages this month!
- Zumba Toning and Sentao — Like Sentao, Toning adds another fitness dimension to the Zumba program. If you never tried either class, now’s the perfect opportunity because we’re offering a limited number of “Dancing Social” passes for half off of any four Toning or Sentao classes during the month of July. Save big without rearranging your busy schedule — you have two classes to choose from and an entire month to use up your pass. To redeem, simply bring a print-out of your Paypal receipt for the instructor to initial each time you come to class.
- Fam Jam — Dance off some energy and bring your family closer together in our new program for kids ages 7 to 11 and their guardians. Just “follow the leader” as instructor Angela takes you through 50 minutes of jazz, hip-hop, Latin, party line dances and even games in this “sampler” class on Tuesdays at 5 p.m. at 1624 South St. Save by pre-registering for the July series here.
- Kids Ballet — Children ages 5 to 7 will leap, twirl, arabesque and more in this supportive class specifically designed for girls and boys who’d like to learn the art of ballet without the pressure of auditions and recitals. Along with traditional ballet technique, class includes fun movement activities inspired by popular children’s music. Led by Beverly on Wednesdays at 5 p.m. at 1624 South St. Save by pre-registering for the July series
- Mommy & Baby Yogalates — Bond with your baby, build back your strength, tighten up your core and meet other new moms. Team-taught by Deb and Keli on Mondays at 10 a.m. Save $25 by pre-registering for the month.