Do you love dancing, fitness and small local businesses? Philly Dance Fitness is always looking to bring on new talent, whether instructors, interns or members of our management team. Read on for current openings and application instructions.
Membership Director (Part-Time)
The Membership Director will primarily be responsible for designing, executing and analyzing sales strategies designed to drive new students to our studios, increase conversion from casual student to member and then retain members over the long term. This position reports directly to the company President and CEO.
Manage Memberships from end-to-end: handling contract creation, updates and execution; setting up student discounts; and managing suspensions and cancellation requests.
Serve as a day-to-day contact for members, answering emails/phone calls, assisting in troubleshooting and soliciting/collecting/posting testimonials.
Develop market research tools as appropriate (surveys, focus groups) to gather ongoing feedback from members, building a strong understanding of our target/demographic and their wants/needs. Create persuasive, compelling pitches for membership updates and changes based on insights uncovered.
Consistently analyze data to uncover membership trends; report those findings and make recommendations for continued improvement.
Sales & Pricing Strategy
Coordinate with the president and marketing director to set up and regularly analyze drop-in, membership and promotional pricing that brings in new students and keeps members long term.
Continually develop new and creative promotions to encourage students to try our classes, come to class more frequently and convert to membership.
Evaluate effectiveness of sales strategies and develop recommendations based on data and insights.
Marketing and Advertising
Build strategic relationships with local businesses to develop mutually beneficial partnerships that create opportunities for additional advertising, promotion or discounts for PDF members.
Work hand-in-hand with the marketing director to develop promotional copy and images that support sales strategies. Assist in creating additional content for press releases, newsletters, our website and/or our social media channels.
Influence overall marketing strategy and budget to align with sales goals and strategies.
Act as a “face of Philly Dance Fitness,” which may include coordinating with and/or speaking to local media outlets or representing the company in on-air and print interviews.
Participate in regular business discussions, providing input on monthly class schedule updates.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, communications, business or other related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in a sales position or marketing role with a sales-related component – experience in a fitness environment is a bonus!
- Strong oral and written communication skills; comfort dealing with students 1:1 via email, phone and in-person.
- Self-motivated personality able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Comfort and familiarity with social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) in a commercial/business context.
This is a contract position with an hourly pay rate (no commission) and flexible, mostly work-from-home schedule: 10-20 hours per week at the outset with the potential for temp-to-perm based on performance. Ideal applicant will be available to start immediately, preference for start dates prior to the end of 2017.
Dance & Fitness Instructors
If you’ve got dance and fitness training plus a passion for teaching, we might be just the place to share your talents! We offer the largest variety of adult dance/fitness classes in the metro Philly area, from ballet to hip-hop and almost everything in between. Unlike more traditional dance conservatories, our classes focus on fitness and fun — though we have technique-based programs, too. We also employ ballroom instructors at our sister company, Ballroom Bliss.
We audition instructors on a rolling basis and fill positions as needed. Potential instructors are invited to audition by teaching a 15-20 minute segment during one of our ongoing weekly classes. To set up an audition, please email Beverly (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume, cover letter and 2-4 potential dates when you could audition. Please refer to our online schedule prior to applying to find the classes that most closely match the styles you teach.
Marketing & Graphic Design Internships
Are you a strategic thinker with a strong creative eye who enjoys putting plans into action? Are you looking for an opportunity to gain hands-on, real world marketing experience where your big ideas aren’t just heard, but are actually turned into realities?
Each semester, we recruit part-time interns to help with a variety of marketing, strategy, graphic design and advertising duties, including:
- Developing marketing and promotional materials such as fliers, postcards, merchandise designs, emails, videos and more.
- Assisting in the maintenance and growth of our web presence, including brainstorming ideas for enhancing and/or streamlining content, then assisting in putting those ideas into practice.
- Working directly with the company’s marketing director to develop, refine and execute key marketing strategies.
- Maintaining marketing calendars, and tracking and analyzing metrics from monthly campaigns.
- Creating written content for press releases, newsletters, our website and our social media channels.
- Distributing marketing materials around the city and possibly representing the company at local events.
Intern candidates should be:
- A sophomore, junior or senior in college, majoring in a marketing or advertising-related field such as graphic design, journalism, business, communications, etc.
- Excellent communicators who are comfortable expressing themselves verbally and in writing.
- Open to rolling up their sleeves and getting things done. As a small company, we all wear a lot of hats and pitch in as a team to make things happen.
- Organized, great at balancing competing priorities, detail-oriented and enthusiastic.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Ideal candidates will also be proficient in graphic design software, such as Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. and/or have experience with HTML/coding languages, WordPress WYSIWYG editor, etc.
Hours are part-time and flexible, generally 5-10 hours per week at the outset with the opportunity to add more hours after proving successful in the post. Interns report directly to our marketing director and company president. The internship can be set up as part of a school credit program or paid at an hourly rate.
We are presently recruiting for Spring 2018 interns. To apply, email your resume, cover letter and samples of work (writing and/or graphic design samples) to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, however, please note that spring term interns will be selected by the beginning of January 2018.