Do you love dancing, fitness and small local businesses? Philly Dance Fitness is always looking to bring on new talent, whether instructors, interns or members of our management team. Read on for current openings and application instructions.
Marketing Director (Part Time)
Philly Dance Fitness is searching for a part-time Marketing Director to help take our business to new heights. The Marketing Director will be responsible for developing, executing and analyzing marketing and communication strategies designed to create awareness of our studio, drive new students to try our classes and build our brand. The candidate will report directly to the company President and CEO.
Marketing Strategy, Branding & Analytics
- Develop annual, quarterly and monthly marketing strategies utilizing data (attendance figures, student feedback, web analytics, etc.) to make insight-driven recommendations and to evaluate effectiveness on a routine basis
- Advise on marketing budget, including channel and tactic allocations
- Own the evolution of the Philly Dance Fitness brand across all channels, ensuring consistency and alignment with company goals and values
- Coordinate with the Membership Director (Sales Lead) to make scheduling, promotions and special event decisions based on membership trends and report findings
- Research, and stay abreast of, marketing trends and innovations, investigating and recommending new advertising and marketing channels as appropriate
- Manage and maintain the Philly Dance Fitness website, including day-to-day updates and overarching strategy, creative and analytics
- Handle and coordinate special event requests for Philly Dance Fitness participation at non-PDF hosted events
- Oversee social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), including content and platform strategy and analytics
- Write, edit and send weekly email newsletters, plus contribute to the creation of other brand-building content pieces (i.e. blog posts, email announcements)
- Develop relationships with fitness and dance-focused media/bloggers/influencers; create public relations strategy, write content for press releases and distribute to contacts
- Produce and/or source high-quality multimedia content, including videos, photography, and graphics for use across channels
- Manage presence on third-party marketing platforms such as ClassPass
- Coordinate with Membership Director to build relationships and partnership programs with other businesses, driving loyalty and retention among existing students and exposing new populations to our services
- Update Mindbody with monthly schedule changes, new enrollments, and updated promo codes
- Manage email newsletter data, including merging client records and uploading new email addresses
- Oversee the development and sale of new merchandise (with Merchandise Coordinator)
- Oversee recruitment and day-to-day management of student marketing and graphic design interns (including revising job descriptions, posting to local universities, interviewing and onboarding)
- Participate in regular business discussions, providing input on monthly class schedule additions/deletions
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in a marketing role – experience in a fitness environment is a bonus
- Strong oral and written communication skills; comfort dealing with students 1:1 via email, phone and in-person
- Self-motivated personality able to juggle multiple priorities and discipline oneself in an unstructured, work-from-home environment.
- Familiarity with WordPress, Google Analytics, MailChimp, Facebook Advertising a plus
- This is a contractor position with an hourly pay rate; potential for temp-to-perm based on performance.
- Work hours are flexible and the position is a mostly work-from-home role with occasional in-person meetings.
- Position will begin with 10-20 hours per week.
- Director will have access to an unlimited membership at all Philly Dance Fitness locations at no cost.
TO APPLY: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Marketing Director Application. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until further notice.
Dance & Fitness Instructors
If you’ve got dance and fitness training plus a passion for teaching, we might be just the place to share your talents! We offer the largest variety of adult dance/fitness classes in the metro Philly area, from ballet to hip-hop and almost everything in between. Unlike more traditional dance conservatories, our classes focus on fitness and fun — though we have technique-based programs, too. We also employ ballroom instructors at our sister company, Ballroom Bliss.
We audition instructors on a rolling basis and fill positions as needed. Potential instructors are invited to audition by teaching a 15-20 minute segment during one of our ongoing weekly classes. To set up an audition, please email Beverly (email@example.com) with your resume, cover letter and 2-4 potential dates when you could audition. Please refer to our online schedule prior to applying to find the classes that most closely match the styles you teach.
Marketing & Graphic Design Internships
Are you a strategic thinker with a strong creative eye who enjoys putting plans into action? Are you looking for an opportunity to gain hands-on, real world marketing experience where your big ideas aren’t just heard, but are actually turned into realities?
Each semester, we recruit part-time interns to help with a variety of marketing, strategy, graphic design and advertising duties, including:
- Developing marketing and promotional materials such as fliers, postcards, merchandise designs, emails, videos and more.
- Assisting in the maintenance and growth of our web presence, including brainstorming ideas for enhancing and/or streamlining content, then assisting in putting those ideas into practice.
- Working directly with the company’s marketing director to develop, refine and execute key marketing strategies.
- Maintaining marketing calendars, and tracking and analyzing metrics from monthly campaigns.
- Creating written content for press releases, newsletters, our website and our social media channels.
- Distributing marketing materials around the city and possibly representing the company at local events.
Intern candidates should be:
- A sophomore, junior or senior in college, majoring in a marketing or advertising-related field such as graphic design, journalism, business, communications, etc.
- Excellent communicators who are comfortable expressing themselves verbally and in writing.
- Open to rolling up their sleeves and getting things done. As a small company, we all wear a lot of hats and pitch in as a team to make things happen.
- Organized, great at balancing competing priorities, detail-oriented and enthusiastic.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Ideal candidates will also be proficient in graphic design software, such as Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. and/or have experience with HTML/coding languages, WordPress WYSIWYG editor, etc.
Hours are part-time and flexible, generally 5-10 hours per week at the outset with the opportunity to add more hours after proving successful in the post. Interns report directly to our marketing director and company president. The internship can be set up as part of a school credit program or paid at an hourly rate.
We are presently recruiting for Summer 2018 interns. To apply, email your resume, cover letter and samples of work (writing and/or graphic design samples) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, however, please note that summer term interns will be selected by the beginning of March 2018.