Do you love dancing, fitness and small local businesses? Philly Dance Fitness is always looking to bring on new talent, whether instructors, interns or members of our management team. Read on for current openings and application instructions.
Dance & Fitness Instructors
If you’ve got dance and fitness training plus a passion for teaching, we might be just the place to share your talents! We offer the largest variety of adult dance/fitness classes in the metro Philly area, from ballet to hip-hop and almost everything in between. Unlike more traditional dance conservatories, our classes focus on fitness and fun — though we have technique-based programs, too. We also employ ballroom instructors at our sister company, Ballroom Bliss.
We audition instructors on a rolling basis and fill positions as needed. Potential instructors are invited to audition by teaching a 15-20 minute segment during one of our ongoing weekly classes. To set up an audition, please email Beverly (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume, cover letter and 2-4 potential dates when you could audition. Please refer to our online schedule prior to applying to find the classes that most closely match the styles you teach.
Marketing & Graphic Design Internships
Are you a strategic thinker with a strong creative eye who enjoys putting plans into action? Are you looking for an opportunity to gain hands-on, real world marketing experience where your big ideas aren’t just heard, but are actually turned into realities?
Each semester, we recruit part-time interns to help with a variety of marketing, strategy, graphic design and advertising duties, including:
- Developing marketing and promotional materials such as fliers, postcards, merchandise designs, emails, videos and more.
- Assisting in the maintenance and growth of our web presence, including brainstorming ideas for enhancing and/or streamlining content, then assisting in putting those ideas into practice.
- Working directly with the company’s marketing director to develop, refine and execute key marketing strategies.
- Maintaining marketing calendars, and tracking and analyzing metrics from monthly campaigns.
- Creating written content for press releases, newsletters, our website and our social media channels.
- Distributing marketing materials around the city and possibly representing the company at local events.
Intern candidates should be:
- A sophomore, junior or senior in college, majoring in a marketing or advertising-related field such as graphic design, journalism, business, communications, etc.
- Excellent communicators who are comfortable expressing themselves verbally and in writing.
- Open to rolling up their sleeves and getting things done. As a small company, we all wear a lot of hats and pitch in as a team to make things happen.
- Organized, great at balancing competing priorities, detail-oriented and enthusiastic.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Ideal candidates will also be proficient in graphic design software, such as Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. and/or have experience with HTML/coding languages, WordPress WYSIWYG editor, etc.
Hours are part-time and flexible, generally 5-10 hours per week at the outset with the opportunity to add more hours after proving successful in the post. Interns report directly to our marketing director and company president. The internship can be set up as part of a school credit program or paid at an hourly rate.
We are presently recruiting for Fall 2018 interns. To apply, email your resume, cover letter and samples of work (writing and/or graphic design samples) to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, however, please note that summer term interns will be selected by the beginning of March 2018.