Do you love dancing, fitness and small local businesses? Philly Dance Fitness is always looking to bring on new talent, whether instructors, interns or members of our management team. Read on for current contract position openings and application instructions.
Dance & Fitness Instructors
If you’ve got dance and fitness training plus a passion for teaching, we might be just the place to share your talents! We offer the largest variety of adult dance/fitness classes in the metro Philly area, from ballet to hip-hop and almost everything in between. Unlike more traditional dance conservatories, our classes focus on fitness and fun — though we have technique-based programs, too. We also employ ballroom instructors at our sister company, Ballroom Bliss.
We audition instructors on a rolling basis and fill positions as needed. Potential instructors are invited to audition by teaching a 15-20 minute segment during one of our ongoing weekly classes. To set up an audition, please email Beverly (email@example.com) with your resume, cover letter and 2-4 potential dates when you could audition. Please refer to our online schedule prior to applying to find the classes that most closely match the styles you teach.
Social Media & Marketing Internship
If you’ve got an affinity for strategic thinking, have a strong creative eye and enjoy putting plans into action, this internship may be the perfect opportunity for you. We offer our interns the unique chance to gain substantial, hands-on, real world experience. This is a mostly remote/work-from-home position with weekly phone meetings and a few in-person requirements.
- Manage various social media channels including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Youtube.
- Play a hands-on role in the development of marketing and promotional materials for Philly Dance Fitness.
- Work directly with the company’s marketing team to develop, refine and execute key marketing and public relations strategies.
- Assist in creating written content for press releases, newsletters, our website and our social media channels.
- Help distribute marketing materials around the city and possibly represent the company at health fairs or other events.
- Strong interest in social media, marketing and public relations
- Strategic thinker
- Interest in dance a plus!
- Capture creative and engaging photography that could be used in social media, emails, newsletter campaigns, our website and printed materials.
- Document ongoing dance classes as well as workshops or other key events that we may have
- Edit, curate and post albums on our Facebook page
- Help edit and organize our photo archives
- Assist in creating photo-based graphics
- Uphold branding standards of Philly Dance Fitness
- Creative and forward-thinking
- Organized, timely and able to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in photography and editing photos in Adobe Creative Suite
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Videography experience a major plus!
We are presently recruiting for 2019 interns. To apply, email your resume, cover letter and samples of work (writing and/or graphic design samples) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, however, please note that spring term interns will be selected by the beginning of January 2019.