19 Sep Interns Wanted!
Are you a strategic thinker with a strong creative eye who enjoys putting plans into action? Are you looking for an opportunity to gain hands-on, real world marketing experience where your big ideas aren’t just heard, but are turned into realities?
If you said yes, you might be the perfect candidate for our Philly Dance Fitness fall semester marketing & graphic design internship!
We’re looking for part-time interns to help with a variety of marketing, strategy, graphic design and advertising duties, including:
- Developing marketing and promotional materials for Philly Dance Fitness, such as fliers, postcards, merchandise, emails, videos and more.
- Assisting in the maintenance and growth of our web presence, including brainstorming ideas for enhancing and/or streamlining content, then assisting in putting those ideas into practice.
- Working directly with the company’s marketing director to develop, refine and execute key marketing strategies. Interns will help maintain marketing calendars, and track and analyze metrics from monthly campaigns.
- Creating written content for press releases, newsletters, our website and our social media channels.
- Helping to distribute marketing materials around the city and possibly represent the company at health fairs or other events.
Intern candidates should be:
- A sophomore, junior or senior in college, majoring in a marketing or advertising-related field, such as graphic design, journalism, business, etc.
- Excellent communicators who are comfortable expressing themselves in writing and verbally.
- Open to rolling up their sleeves and getting things done. As a small company, we all wear a lot of hats and pitch in as a team to make things happen.
- Organized, great at balancing competing priorities, detail-oriented and enthusiastic.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Ideal candidate will also be proficient in graphic design software, such as Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. and/or have experience with HTML/coding languages, WordPress WYSIWYG editor, etc.
Hours are part-time and flexible, generally 5-10 hours per week at the outset with the opportunity to add more hours after proving successful in the post. Interns report directly to our marketing director and company president. The internship can set up as part of a school credit program or paid at an hourly rate.
If you’re ready to make your mark on the greater Philadelphia dance fitness community, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.