The name of this workshop says it all.
You will dance to Beyonce. You will twerk. You will shake your jelly, a lot. And it will be HOTT (and yes, we needed that extra “t”).
Apparently, you guys just can’t get enough of Queen Bey or moving your moneymakers. After numerous requests for more of our Beyonce and Twerkshop master classes from last year, we put together this mash-up encore filled with some of our favorite routines from both. And the April session sold out in a hot second. Well, not quite, but fast enough that many people who wanted to be there were not able to get tickets.
SO…we’re bringing you an encore session this May!
Warning: Nothing about this workshop or its description is appropriate for kids.
Not only will this workshop blow your booty away, you will also get to dance with three fantastic Philly Dance Fitness instructors: Sharice “let me show you my twerk face” Sloan-El, Maya “it just looks better because my butt is bigger” Sethuraman, and Deborah “wishes she had more bedonk” Hirsch. (Angela, our fourth partner in crime, will be out of town, but a few of her routines might still make an appearance 😉
Join them to pop, grind, shake and wind through 90 minutes of nonstop dance routines. In addition to Beyonce, the playlist will feature a few of what we like to call “twerk-tracks” — that kind of beat that just makes you want to drop it low.
Big booty or small, male or female, we’ll show you how to jiggle whatever junk you’ve got in your trunk. No ass-hugging shorts or gluteal gyration expertise required.
And don’t worry if you’re a little rusty on your body rolls and booty popping. In addition to a mini “twerktorial,” we’ll also break down the more complex choreography.
Come dressed to sweat because you will be swirling that butt hard. Tight pants or leggings will help you see the twerky shake you’re looking for, or go ahead and rock those booty shorts if you want to feel really sexy. But bottom line (get it?), we advocate wearing whatever you feel comfortable in, so don’t shy away if you wouldn’t dream of donning cut-offs.
Due to the in-your-face sexual nature of many of the routines we will be doing in this workshop, participants must be 18 or older. Yes, we know that many teens can already twerk better than us, but we’re not going to go there. And this way they also don’t put us to shame.
The Bootylicious Beyonce Twerkshop II
- Sunday, May 18 from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Our South Philly hub, 1170 S. Broad St.
- $25. But a limited number of discounted early-bird tickets are available through May 11 at this link! Members, email us for your additional discount code.
- Wear: Comfortable workout attire and athletic shoes or dance sneakers. Bonus points if you come dressed in a long sleeve leotard with high boots or other Beyonce-inspired blingy outfit.
- Bring: Water
- The fine print: Due to the extended preparation required for workshops, non-members may not apply gift certificates toward tickets. Ticket refunds may be requested up to 48 hours before the event. No refunds will be granted after that.