14 Dec Holiday Schedules & Dance Parties
‘Tis the season for holiday soirees, so we’re jumping on board with not one but THREE awesome dance parties to keep you HOT in this chilly winter weather!
Post-Xmas Holiday Burn
Whether you want to burn off those Christmas cookies or just have the day off and need some entertainment, we’ve got you covered. Join Michelle & Deb in jingling everything but bells at this afternoon cardio jam. Expect an hour of high-energy, easy-to-follow routines: a mix of Cardio Pop, Hip-Hop and Zumba. Beginners welcome.
- Monday, Dec. 26 at 3:30 p.m. in Midtown (1301 Locust St., 2nd Floor)
- This will be the only class on on Dec. 26 due to the holiday (the official “observation” of Christmas Day), so please sign up in advance to ensure your spot. $12 drop-in or use a Class Card, FREE for Members.
Pre-NYE Dance Party Workout
If you happen to be off early for the holiday weekend, cap off the year with a late afternoon dance party featuring a playlist “countdown” of the hottest songs of 2016 led by Michelle, Deb and Gabby. Dance your heart out to all your favorite pop singles of the year, from “Don’t Let Me Down” to “Can’t Fight the Feeling” and more. We’ll even have a few music-related trivia questions with prizes for the correct answers.
- Friday, Dec. 30 at 4:30 p.m. in Midtown. Register here.
- $12 drop-in or use a class card; FREE for members
‘Dance In’ the New Year
Get pumped for a new year and start on your fitness resolutions right away at this team-taught, 90-minute dancestravaganza. Sherrilyn, Deeksha and Deb will be heading up the party with a mix of Cardio Pop, BollyX and Zumba/international routines. The dancing doesn’t start until 4:30 p.m. so you’ll have plenty of time to watch the Mummers Parade or rest up after a late night on New Year’s Eve.
- Sunday, Jan. 1 from 4:30 – 6 p.m. in Midtown
- This will be the only dancing on our schedule on New Year’s Day, so please sign up in advance to ensure your spot! $15; members automatically get 20 percent off.
Please also keep an eye on our online schedule toward the end of this month as we’ll be reducing some classes around Christmas and New Year’s. Here’s a brief outline of what’s changing:
- Fri. Dec. 23 – No ballet; all other cardio classes as usual
- Sat. Dec. 24 – Christmas Eve: No ballet; Zumba moves to 1624 South Street at 9 a.m. and Hip-Hop starts earlier – at 11 a.m. – for today only
- Sun. Dec. 25 – Christmas: NO CLASSES
- Mon. Dec. 26 – Christmas ‘Observed’: No regular classes, but join our special Holiday Burn Dance Party at 3:30 p.m. in Midtown
- Tues. Dec. 27 – Thurs. Dec. 29 – Most classes as usual except no Zumba or Bollywood in South Philly, and no daytime Barre Fit or Cardio Pop in Rittenhouse.
- Fri. Dec. 30 – Pre-NYE Dance Party Workout (4:30 p.m. at Midtown), which replaces our usual evening cardio offerings; plus Ballet as usual
- Sat. Dec. 31 – New Year’s Eve: Zumba continues at 9 a.m. at 1624 South Street, followed by the usual Ballet, Pointe and Hip-Hop line-up; no class in South Philly
- Sun. Jan. 1 – New Year’s Day: No regular classes, but join our special ‘Dance In’ the New Year Extravaganza – 90 minutes of cardio fun starting at 4:30 p.m. in Midtown.
- Mon. Jan. 2 – New Year’s Day ‘Observed’: It’s technically still a holiday, but we can’t wait another day to get back on the floor. Lunchtime Cardio Pop as usual, plus our full line-up of House Party Fitness, Dance Party Boot Camp and Barre Fit at Midtown. No evening classes in South Philly or Rittenhouse.
- Tues. Jan. 3 – Back to business! Full schedules at all three studios.