05 May Heat Up Spring With HOT New Virtual Classes
Hey there dancers, we’re still missing your faces but we’re keeping the party going with even more classes on the inter-webs! We’re now live streaming nearly 40 classes per week, which is only a few shy of what we offered before the COVID-19 shutdown. We’re also hosting a couple of “happy hours” on Zoom so we can get a chance to hang out and catch up. Here’s the scoop:
Release your creativity as you suspend, spiral and sweat. After a cardio warm-up, you’ll practice step patterns and then piece together a short combination with movements suitable for smaller, at-home spaces.
- Mondays at noon with Kayla
- Low to Medium intensity | Adaptable to all levels
By request, we’re adding back another section of this high intensity class with Lael! Think burpees, squats, lunges and planks all woven into super-charged dance routines so that you almost forget how hard you’re working.
- Fridays at 4:30 p.m. with Lael (plus also still on Mondays, Thursdays, Sundays and other scattered times)
- High impact | Beginner friendly
Get your heart rate up as you jam to all sorts of awesome hip-hop songs. No swag or experience required!
- Mondays at 9 a.m. with Jody
- Medium impact | Beginner friendly
Kick butt and then tone your butt this new format that combines high-impact cardio kickboxing with low-impact barre work. After warming up with punches, kicks, jumping jacks and more, you’ll transition to the “barre” (or chair or countertop depending on what you have at home!) to sculpt and define your legs and glutes, followed by final core work on the floor. Guaranteed fun and challenging for all levels!
- Tuesdays at 8 a.m. with Michelle
- Medium to High impact | Beginner friendly
Dust off your tap shoes because our tap fitness program is back! Stomp, shuffle and spin into shape in this fast-paced, cardio focused tap class that’s sure to work those legs. This class is most fun if you have tap shoes and some prior tap experience but you can still jump in even in sneakers!
- Fridays at noon with Angela
- Low-medium impact | Adaptable for all levels
Wednesday Zumba with Sydney is back!! Celebrate making it halfway through another week of quarantine with some international sabor. Absolutely no dance experience required, just “feel the music” and follow along!
- Wednesdays at 4 p.m. with Sydney (plus also still on Mondays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays)
- Medium/high impact | Beginner friendly
On top of these additions, we’ve got all sorts of other classes, too – at least 4 every day! Find the most up-to-date schedule here. Remember, Members and those with unlimited livestream week passes also have access to our DVR library, which contains 70+ classes from the most recent weeks. So if you’re not an early riser or you can’t make a specific class time, you can just head to our site and pick a class whenever you want to work out!
- May 15, 2020
- Dirty Divas feat. Lizzo: Throwback time! Celebrate some sexy self-love in this tribute to Lizzo. Start with some hip-hop follow-the-leader routines to “Juice,” “Truth Hurts,” “Boys” and more, then learn a long-form floor routine to “‘Scuse Me.”
- May 29, 2020
- Theme and registration info coming soon!
- 8 p.m. — 9:15 p.m. on our password-protected “Frisky Friday: Live” page
- Link and password will be included in a confirmation email once you purchase your ticket on Mindbody.
- $12; Members get 20% off!!
- Unlike our ongoing weekly live-streamed classes, we will also email out a password-protected Zoom link for those who wish to have a more interactive experience running concurrent with the livestream. It’s completely up to you if you’d like to participate in both platforms.
Virtual Burlesque Performance Series
Since it’s not likely that we’ll be able to hold a student burlesque battle this June as we had originally planned, we may revamp the idea to an online development series. Instead of putting together a group performance routine, participants would go through weekly classes focused on burlesque technique and choreography. The 4-5 week series would culminate with an online showcase where students would have the option to join instructors in performing solo acts they’d developed. We’d need at least six students to make this work, so email us if you want in so we can determine if there’s enough interest!
Craving some human contact? Come hang with your dance crew! BYOB of any kind, fire up your computer and join us to chat, vent, commiserate and just enjoy “being together” virtually.
- Thursday, May at 8:30 p.m. “hosted” by member Meg McHugh
- Sunday, May 17 at 2:30 p.m. “hosted” by member Kirwei Lo
- ALL students welcome! FREE
- Click here or head to Zoom.us and enter Meeting ID: 893-188-7500