05 Apr Fosse Fever
It’s spring and we’ve got the fever…for Fosse!!
Join us as we celebrate Bob Fosse’s iconic jazz choreography at our April workshop. Grab a hat and prepare to slink, sizzle and shimmy along to some of Broadway’s greatest hits.
During this 75-minute workshop, you’ll learn a variation of Fosse’s original routine to “Steam Heat,” from “The Pajama Game.” Time permitting, you’ll also get a taste of “The Hot Honey Rag” from “Chicago.” And, of course, we can’t possibly do a Fosse workshop without dancing to “All That Jazz.” Singing along is absolutely acceptable.
Don’t worry if you don’t have any dance experience. Many of Fosse’s moves are actually quite accessible, and especially the ones we’re doing in this workshop.
So come on out — the piano’s hot, and we need your help to “Razzle Dazzle” our imaginary Broadway audience. Space is limited, so purchase your tickets in advance to secure your spot and save a few bucks at the same time!
- When: Saturday, April 20 from 2 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Where: The Arts Parlor, 1170 S. Broad St.
- Cost: $12 until April 13, then $15. (Click here if you are a member to get a discounted rate.)
- Bring: A hat!!! And water
- Wear: Comfortable fitness attire and shoes. Jazz or character shoes are ideal, but regular sneakers will work great, too. Wear black if you want to get in the “Fosse mood.”
See what you’ll be learning in this medley from the Fosse stage show, which opens with “Steam Heat.” Find the “Hot Honey Rag” at 21:30.
And just because we’re so excited, here’s another fun clip featuring Fosse and Gwen Verdon dancing “Who’s Got the Pain?” from “Damn Yankees.”