25 Sep Fall 2019 Broadway Performance Series
Calling all musical theater junkies who love the limelight!
Our Broadway-themed burlesque and variety show is back with fresh routines, extra pizzazz and lots of glitter.
For the November 2019 rendition of our “Take It Off Broadway” collaboration, we’re putting together FOUR fabulous group numbers, so whether you’re into Jazz, Burlesque, Ballet or Tap (or all of the above!), we’ve got the perfect performance series for you!
Aside from the burlesque piece, you won’t need to show off any skin to take part in the student routines, but please be aware that this is a racier show. We’ll be sharing the stage with professional burlesque performers at the Ruba Club on November 15.
No prior musical theater experience required to participate. The jazz and burlesque choreography will be designed so that dancers of all levels can shine. For the tap and ballet routines, participants should have some background in those genres though beginners are certainly welcome! For the burlesque routine, dancers will be taking off clothing to their comfort level — so no need to worry about getting down to pasties unless you want to! None of the other student routines will involve stripping.
More details about the musicals we’ll be featuring coming soon.
Space is limited and we’ll need extra time to coordinate costumes, so please pre-register by early October if you’d like to join us in strutting your stuff onstage!
- Bring the romance of the City of Lights to life with a piece from An American In Paris.
- Sundays at 2:30 p.m. in Rittenhouse with Beverly
- 4-week series starting Oct. 20
- (Note: This will temporarily take the place of the usual BalletEXTREME barre class at this time, which will return mid-November)
- Calling all “sparkling diamonds” for this sexy mashup-filled routine from the new Moulin Rouge musical.
- Mondays at 8 p.m. in Midtown with Deb
- 5-week series starting Oct. 14
- Stomp, shuffle and smile in a high-energy rendition of “Sing, Sing, Sing,” set to the Fosse reinterpretation of this classic Benny Goodman song.
- Tuesdays at 9 p.m. in Midtown with Kayla
- 4-week series starting Oct. 22
Since we’ve had so much interest from performers, we’ve added a second jazz routine. Bonus jazz hands!!
- WEDNESDAY Jazz Crew
- 8 p.m. on Wednesdays in Rittenhouse with Jody
- 4-week series starting Oct. 23. REGISTER HERE.
- THURSDAY Jazz Crew — SOLD OUT
- Think “school girl rocker” for this sassy interpretation of “Stick it to the Man” from School of Rock featuring live singing by our very own Michelle Krichilsky!
- 5:30 p.m. on Thursdays in Midtown with Lee-Ann
- 4-week series starting Oct. 17 (Note: No class on Oct. 31)
- (Note: This temporarily takes the place of Lee-Ann’s usual Jazz Fusion class, which will return mid-November)