Come celebrate the first ever Philly Free Streets event with a FREE outdoor dance party! On the morning of Saturday, Sept. 24, the city will be closing South Street to vehicles in an effort to promote walking, biking and other physical activities…like DANCING!! Find us not far from our South Street studio (1624 South St). Follow the music to the stage set up on 16th Street just between South and Kater Streets. No dance experience required, and kids are welcome, too! We’ve even got a special creative movement set for the youngest dancers to kick everything off. Here’s the tentative line-up:
Philly Dance Fitness “Free Streets” Outdoor Dance Party – Saturday, September 24, 2016
- 9:30 a.m. Creative Movement for kids
- Targeted for ages 2 to 5, but older kids and adults are welcome too! Led by Beverly.
- 10 a.m. – 10:40 a.m. Cardio Dance Party!
- Get your heart pumping with this mix of Hip-Hop, Cardio Pop and Zumba. All ages welcome! Led by Deb.
- 10:45 a.m. – 11 a.m. Open House and Ballet Performance at our studio, 1624 South St (Major Moment)
- Cheer on our adult ballet students, who will be perform a quick routine before our regular Beginner II Ballet class.
- (Outdoor dancing continues at the corner of 16th and South with the Philadelphia Tango School, which will offer a quick beginner Argentine tango class followed by a milonga, or social dance)
- 12:30 p.m. – 1 p.m. – Hip-Hop
- Pull out your swag and get funky with Trina.
Did we mention that all of this is completely FREE???? Please help us spread the word by sharing this Facebook event.
This dance party was made possible in conjunction with the Philly Free Streets movement, the City of Philadelphia’s Office of Transportation & Infrastructure Systems and Public Health Department and Philly Powered. Please be sure to check the Philly Free Streets website if you’ll be driving in so you can figure out how to get close without getting blocked by the street closures. Or, better yet, walk or bike there!
The Free Streets event ends at 1 p.m., but why not keep dancing? Head over to 1624 South Street for our regular adult hip-hop class at 1:30 p.m. Please note that due to this special event, we will not have our regular Saturday Zumba or Pointe classes, however, we will still have Ballet and Hip-Hop.
Hope to see you on Saturday!!