10 Sep Broadway Performance Series
Sept. 10, 2021
Calling all musical theater fans who love the limelight!
Our Broadway-themed burlesque and variety show is BACK with fresh routines, extra pizzazz and lots of glitter.
Our last “Take It Off Broadway” show was in March 2020, just a few days before the city shut down all “non-essential” businesses. It’s normally a bi-annual production, so we are beyond excited to get this show back up and running!
For the October 23, 2021 rendition at Franky Bradley’s, we’re putting together FIVE fabulous group numbers. So whether you’re into Jazz, Hip-Hop or Burlesque (or all of the above!), we’ve got the perfect performance series for you!
Aside from the burlesque pieces, you won’t need to show off any skin to take part in the student routines, but please be aware that this is a racier show. We’ll be sharing the stage with professional burlesque performers, as well as other special guests.
No prior musical theater experience required to participate. The choreography will be designed so that dancers of all levels can shine, and beginners are absolutely welcome! For the burlesque routines, dancers will be taking off clothing to their comfort level — so no need to worry about getting down to pasties unless you want to! None of the other student routines will involve stripping.
Space is limited and performance series often sell out, so please register as soon as you can if you’d like to join us in strutting your stuff onstage.
- SUNDAY Crew – Six
- A sassy rendition of “No Way” from Six.
- 12 p.m. on Sundays with Timaree
- 5-week series starting Sept. 19. REGISTER HERE.
- MONDAY Crew – Tootsie
- Unleash some pent up sexual tension in our take on “Gone, Gone, Gone” from the pre-pandemic Broadway production of Tootsie.
- 7:30 p.m. on Mondays in Midtown with Deb.
- 5-week series starting Sept. 20. REGISTER HERE.
- “Candy Store” from Heathers: The Musical
- 7:30 p.m. on Wednesdays in Rittenhouse with Jody
- 4-week series starting Sept. 29. REGISTER HERE.
- Featuring a jazzy hip-hop song by Lin Manuel Miranda
- 7:30 p.m. on Thursdays in Rittenhouse with Michelle
- 4-week series starting Sept. 30. REGISTER HERE.
- “Mein Herr” from Cabaret
- 6:15 p.m. on Fridays in Midtown with Rachel S.
- 4-week series starting Oct. 1. REGISTER HERE.
More details about the show and ticket links here.