03 Mar Broadway Lights Workshop
March 3, 2012
Ever dream of dancing in a Broadway musical? Here’s your chance to jazz up the stage with some show-stopping moves. We can’t promise you stardom, but we can guarantee an uplifting, sweat-drenched good time.
Kathy Silverstri, our energizer bunny Impact Jazz instructor, has put together an amazing musical theater routine that dancers of any level will be able to master during our special “Broadway Lights” workshop.
After warming up with a little “Hairspray” and “Fosse,” you’ll begin stringing moves together to build a “performance” piece. Keep the choreography simple, or challenge yourself to layer in optional leaps in turns, it’s up to you.
The hour and a half long workshop features hits from “Little Shop of Horrors,” “Book of Mormon,” “West Side Story,” “Sister Act,” “Mama Mia!” and more.
From start to finish, the tempo is fast! By the end, you’ll dance a complete number set to the hit “Live in Living Color” from the musical “Catch Me if You Can!” Sadly, we’ll just be performing for each other and not a Manhattan audience, but one step at a time…
If you’re a musical theater junkie or you love jazz dancing, don’t miss this one-time-only workshop. No prior musical theater or dance experience required. Singing along highly encouraged. Ages 13 and up.
To ensure that we have space for drop-ins, we’re only discounting 20 advance tickets, so reserve yours online now!
Broadway Lights Workshop
- When: Saturday, March 24 from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: The Performance Garage, 1515 Brandywine Street, Philadelphia
- Cost: $12 in advance or $15 the day of.
- Wear: Comfortable workout wear that you don’t mind sweating in. Street shoes are not allowed on this studio floor, so please bring jazz or dance sneakers, or sneakers that are used primarily for indoor activities. Socks are fine, too.
- Bring: Water and your jazz hands.