Ballet’s not just for kids and pros. It’s time for you to step up to the barre!
Ballet Basics (Absolute Beginner)
- Mondays from 6 p.m. to 7:10 p.m. at Rittenhouse
- Start here if you’ve never taken ballet before. Learn the fundamental positions, basic steps, terminology and timing. Wear socks if you don’t have ballet slippers.
- Sundays from 1 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. at Rittenhouse
- Thursdays from 7 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. at Rittenhouse
- Perfect for those who are newer to ballet or perhaps haven’t taken class since grade school. Since we welcome a wide range of beginners in these classes, the pace of instruction is faster than our Ballet Basics program. For those trying out ballet for the very first time, we highly recommend starting with Ballet Basics or taking that class in conjunction with Ballet Beginner I classes.
- Fridays from 6:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. at Midtown
- Great for students with a deeper understanding of ballet terms and choreography.
- Mondays from 7 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. at Rittenhouse
- Our most advanced section, designed for dancers with substantial ballet experience.
*If you’re unsure which section is right for you, email Beverly, our ballet mistress: firstname.lastname@example.org. The barre purposefully limits the size of the classes so our instructors can give individual attention to everyone. If you want an extra challenge, just ask!*
- Cost: $18 drop-in for non-members; FREE for ballet members.
Due to the length and genre of the class, we do not accept class cards at ballet.
- Appropriate attire is necessary for ballet class. Please wear tights or form-fitting leggings/pants (nothing baggy!) and ballet slippers or socks.
- We recommend Baum’s Dancewear (ask about the Philly Dance Fitness discount!) or Discount Dance Supply for affordable attire
Ballet aficionados should also check out our small group Pointe and Pre-Pointe classes as well as our Barre classes (BalletEXTREME and Barre Fit), which combine ballet, core work and strength conditioning into programs that anyone, regardless of dance experience, can do.
If you’re looking for more personal attention, private lessons are also available. Prices range from $70 per hour for one student to $85 for a semi-private lesson for up to four students. Simply contact us to schedule your lesson or learn more!