05 Feb Ballet Boost in Fairmount
We’re amping up our new ballet program in Fairmount with the addition of a Saturday morning Ballet Basics mini-series this February! Join Kayla to stock your “ballet toolbox” with all the fundamentals of ballet: positions, vocabulary, foundational steps, placement, musicality and more. Perfect for absolute beginners or those returning to ballet as adults.
On top of this program, we’ll be continuing the recently added Beginner I Ballet Technique on Tuesdays and Barre Fit on Wednesdays so you now have three weekly options to belly up to the barre in Fairmount!
This 50-minute introductory class serves as a precursor to our Beginner Ballet I program, building up an understanding and practice of classical ballet in a fun and straightforward approach. Like our longer ballet classes, you’ll be focusing on technique rather than fitness — though you might still get a bit of a lower body workout in the process!
- Saturdays at 10 a.m. with Kayla
- Mini-series on Feb. 10, 17 and 24
- Since this is a shorter class, it’s the same price as our other 50-minute programs: $13 drop-in, one punch on a class card or free for all Philly Dance Fitness Members.
- Note that this takes the place of POUND, which now moves to Sundays at 10:30 a.m.
Beginner I Ballet Technique
Challenge your mind and stretch your body in this 75-minute class! Unlike many of our other programs that use dance as a fun vehicle for cardio conditioning, you’ll have the opportunity to work on technique — and some serious lower body strength — in ballet.
- Tuesdays at 6 p.m. with Kayla
- $18 drop-in or free for Philly Dance Fitness Unlimited + Ballet Members.
Redefine your body, improve your posture and push your muscles to the max using ballet-inspired movements to build strength, stamina and flexibility. Expect a mix of isometric barre exercises, dance movements and Pilates targeting your glutes, quads, hamstrings, inner thighs, calves and abs. Class may also incorporate core exercises on the floor, so please bring a mat (or feel free to borrow one of ours).
- Wednesdays at 6 p.m. with Lee-Ann
- $13 drop-in, one punch on a class card or free for Philly Dance Fitness Members.
Also find us in Fairmount on Sunday mornings with these great cardio and conditioning classes:
- Zumba at 9:30 a.m. with Lehla
- POUND at 10:30 a.m. with Maureen (*moved from Saturdays), &
- Hip-Hop Cardio at 11:30 a.m. with Trina